Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 3 - Gold Beach, OR to Ukiah, CA


I wasn't sure if we were going to be going anywhere this morning. While Ian was in the shower, I turned on the TV for some background noise as I started organising and re-packing our stuff. When Ian got out of the shower he took one step out of the bathroom and froze, immediately drawn to the movie (Flightplan - Jodie Foster). I can't remember what was going on, but everytime he looked at it he was just unable to move. We needed coffee. Luckily for us we found a fantastic cup just down the road (see previous post).

The morning drive along the coast promised breathtaking views. We got fog. It was a morning full of fog. I don't actually remember if I saw more than three feet of ocean at all today actually. However, we did get trees! As promised by the lady at the Info. Center, "You're gonna see trees." Brilliant. We began to move inland, away from the breathtaking... fog... and the temperature started to rise! The temperature at Gold Beach last night was probably about 10 degrees. In Ukiah today it got to 38! That's quite a difference from where we started! Well we took a few scenic routes and stayed in the shade much of time. Drove through the Avenue of the Giants, and another scenic route (the name escapes me..) Actually, it shouldn't escape me, because of my poor navigation skills we drove past it twice! I saw the sign for the "entrance" and said to Ian "That looks promising, we should take it!" However, we were at the southern end of the route already and ended up detouring north again. I may have even directed him right through a tree at one point! Lucky for me, Ian loves me anyways.

There's really not much to report, I got the two biggies I think: Fog and Trees. Here are some photos!






No comments:

Post a Comment